We all know of the obvious sources of referrals for our real estate businesses. These common referral sources include mortgage brokers, divorce attorneys, accountants, etc. Below are 5 other referral sources that you may not have thought of who could keep your real estate pipeline full of prospects in 2011.
1. Your Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors – I stay active with our local Chamber of Commerce; and, over time, I've gotten to know our board members. These business owners and leaders have become an amazing source of new leads for me as they are constantly in the know with what businesses are moving into or out of town. People moving into or out of town likely need to buy or sell real estate, and I'm in the perfect position.
2. Wedding Planners – Who else knows the individuals who are getting married in your area better than those who work with them for months planning the big event? This referral source can be a gold mine.
3. Your Florist – This person knows of all the big events in your town. Life altering events, such as funerals, weddings, and childbirth, are all reasons people send flowers and the recipients are all people who will need to buy or sell real estate at some point in the near future.
4. The School Principal – The principal of your child's school is an untapped resource for referrals. He or she knows the names and phone numbers of the parents of potential new students who have inquired about the school. This is a referral source that none of your colleagues have solicited.
5. Funeral Home Director – I know, it is rather morbid. However, if a wedding planner is a source then the local funeral home director is a source of referrals as well. Estates and widowed spouses need to sell real estate, and you are a trusted professional who can adequately satisfy that need. Would you rather that need to sell be satisfied by you or someone else?
Make contact with these 5 groups of professionals soon, and be prepared to stay busy in 2011. Happy selling!