Realtors are a busy group. Realtors tackle ALL facets of a small business by themselves or with the aid of one assistant. They are responsible for their accounting, marketing, prospecting, processing, writing and negotiating contracts, and meetings (including spending countless hours each year in their vehicles showing properties.) Needless to say, taking on the challenge of learning (and relearning) new technologies is pretty far down the list of priorities for Realtors. Because of this many Realtors have not taken the trouble to learn how to properly market using social media.
Here are 5 tips on making social media work for Realtors:
1. When creating a social platform, it is important to remember to redirect customers to your original site. Get them off the platform and onto your business website.
2. Limit your social media marketing to a few platforms and focus on those instead of taking on all of the platforms at the same time.
3. Communicate with your customers using social media platforms to talk to your buyers and sellers before, during, and after the sale.
4. Realtors have more functionality on Facebook after recent fan page arrangement changes. Realtors no longer have to link their profile back to a personal profile. Another reason Facebook is great is because you can track your traffic, customize settings, and control posts.
5. Twitter is a very effective business tool for Realtors as it allows you to deliver short 140 character news updates.
Try these 5 tips to make social media start to work for your business and help you get over your fear of learning these new technologies. The time will soon come when you will have to learn these in order to survive in real estate, so you may as well start today.