With a new year brings new ideas and fresh perspectives. It is a time to think about resolutions that will benefit our lives and our businesses. As you are making resolutions this year for success within business, it is important not to forget about your online presence. Not having a website for your business is not an option anymore. Now-a-days when people need information, they turn towards the internet. It should be your goal that while they are searching, they come across your website which should offer them good content so they will keep coming back for more.
Remember, great customer service to a current customer will likely result in a referral to another customer, also known as ‘word of mouth’. However, in the digital world ‘word of mouse’ is a powerful tool to gain new customers. Therefore, your online presence is very important to your business whether it is a website made from scratch to your specifications or a blog, such as WordPress. Here are some reasons it is time to have a website.
- Having a website will allow you to post content daily so that customers will have information available to them 24 hours a day. You can update your content as frequently as you choose; however, fresh updated content is a good way to ensure search engines are indexing your site often, which increases your search ranking.
- You can capture emails. Email marketing is still a great marketing tool that allows you to stay in touch with customers. It establishes constant communication with your customers keeping your name in front of them. You can then send out newsletters with tips and educational information that will benefit them. This is free advertising.
- You will be able to obtain feedback from customers. Your website will provide information about your services that establishes credibility, including testimonials from prior customers.
- You will be able to answer questions that will solve your customers' problems.
- You can enhance your business relationships by having a link on your website to qualified people you have done business with before.
Once you have taken the time to optimize your website with the aforementioned suggestions, you will then be empowered with the secret of successful business owners. The key to success is spending more time “on the business” instead of “in the business”. Have a good web presence will help you achieve just that.